Saturday, March 14, 2009

Five Days With Father Abraham - Day one continued

This is day one of my Five Days With Father Abraham. It is the day called, 'Accepting God's blessing on my life and being a blessing to others.'


I'm glad I chose to start on a Saturday
because everything felt like a blessing today. My good health, the fact that I actually exercised instead of thinking about it, and the fact that I'm at last beginning to enjoy a healthy diet because the sugar cravings have gone away for a while.
The second part - being a blessing to someone else - was difficult! It was Saturday, I saw lots of people and didn't meet anyone. I failed one opportunity: as I entered a store I heard the woman behind me talking into her cell phone. This is what I heard, "Yes, I'm just going to buy a little microwave right now, do you by any chance have a big garage?" I guessed that she had lost the place where she used to live and was needing to store her furniture." Then I went on with my shopping. If I had stopped, if I had spoken to her could I have helped? I imagine not, but isn't that just a failure of faith and doesn't it show how I couldn't give up my comfort to ask. But I have succeeded at something else - to be truthful not today but in preparation for today. I have helped supply a tent in a shopping cart that will be lent to a homeless person sleeping on the street. I feel so good about this. Lanaire gave me the details at the 'Send Out Cards' seminar and when I looked it up on the web I was delighted. www.EveryoneDeservesARoof.com is as exciting as www.Kiva.com When I got back to my computer I sent a copy of a really delightful book 'Beach Money' to someone and imagined it changing their life.
Mmm a rather tepid start:, all money no personal involvement, and most disappointing, no interfaith involvement.
I need community if I am to commit myself to repeating these five days. I need people: who will join in this experiment, make suggestions and share their own life with Father Abraham. Send me a comment.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home