Saturday, March 31, 2007

About the long interval

Death and taxation come to all people. What does not come is the preparation for the taxation. My disinclination to search for proof of expenditure was in disproportion to my previous inclination to spend.

What does not come to all people is remodeling. The happy news that I was to have central heat and air installed was the cause of much disruption. I rose earlier than usual to be prepared for the contractor who usually arrived long after my normal getting-up time. I don’t much care to cook anymore so a ladder in the kitchen would be appropriate but no, the only logical place to put a ladder was by the side of my bed roughly opposite the door to the bathroom. I solved some of the disorganization by going out of town for a couple of days. Alas so did the contractor. Central air will be wonderful; I only got through last summer by sleeping in the heat and working in the cool of the day which never came until nightfall.

The blog is back, so is my resolve, From now on three blogs a week, and the other days partly spent helping a delightful one year old to practice walking and empty every space which has a lid or a door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home