Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Conversation at the Summit

There has been a hidden nation throughout these many years since Jesus died and rose again. He brought this nation to earth, and was himself the embodiment of it. In his prayer he called it ‘God's kingdom’ as in “Thy kingdom come.’
Wherever God is respected and obeyed; that is the nation/kingdom of God. God is the sovereign ruler of that nation and people who respect and obey him are citizens, waiting to inherit the final establishment of the nation in the days after the present world era.

Jesus tells this prophecy about the end of the world. He says he will gather all the nations before him and divide them into just two nations, the nation that did what God requires of humanity, and the nation that did not.

Jesus says the conversation will go something like this (I am making a very rough paraphrase here) to one nation he will say:
‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom I have prepared for you from before the world was begun.’ You fed me when I was hungry, took me in when I was homeless, you visited me when I was in prison and came to me when I was sick.’
Jesus says the response will be, ‘When did this happen? When did we see you sick, homeless, hungry, in prison?’
He will reply:
‘When you did these things for the least important people you in fact did them for me.’

God’s values are justice, mercy (compassion is included in mercy) and humility. Humility meaning the opposite of greed, pride, and power. These are the characteristics of God himself that are given to humanity. Those who respect God and seek to obey him are enabled to cultivate these characteristics. Those who care more about themselves than about God eradicate these characteristics. One duty of The Church is to develop these gifts in people who give allegiance to God.

The way Jesus tells it, the same conversation happens with the other nation. But this time it will be in the negative:
‘You did not feed me, clothe me, offer me hospitality, come to me when I was sick, or visit me in hospital.
And the reply will be the same,
‘When did this happen, when did we ever see you sick, hungry, homeless?’
The same answer but this time with the negative.
“You did not do it to the least citizen or orphan so you did not do it to me.”

This will be the conversation at the great summit, when Jesus who was despised and rejected returns as judge of all humanity. In this prophecy he tells us that one nation will enter into eternal life the other nation will go away, into eternal punishment.
Matthew chapter 25 verses 31 – 46

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessie,
I have read your Wednesday blog and it is wonderful. How very nicely done. I enjoyed our cup of tea together on Monday. Keep on.

Carol O'T

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Saturday, 12 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Thursday, 17 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home